Saturday, February 1, 2014

Internet fanboys are crazy


An editorial I wrote about how gamers should focus more on how much fun their games are rather than frame rates and resolution went live today. As expected, the commentors went completely insane and said that my opinion was dumb. Since I was expecting this, I wasn't bothered. The fact that I, a person who has been called a Sony supporter for so long, was called an Xbox supporter made my day. It was hilariously ironic.


One of the commentors in that editorial (which you can read here) said something along the lines of "I was going to come in here and shit on you and your article but then I read it and I agreed with you".

THIS is the problem with a lot of people on the internet. They read a headline and sound off without actually reading the main article. That's what a lot of these people did; they saw the headline and just went in without reading another sentence. I'd get mad over it but I'm used to it by now. It's sad but that's the way it is.

Also, I feel that my opinions on video games must be pretty balanced. When I wrote for STFUandPLAY, a site that was perceived to be slanted towards Microsoft, I was called a Sony nut hugger. Now that I write for Dualshockers, a site that is perceived to have a Sony slant, I'm called an Xbot. I'm saying the exact same shit now that I did back at my old site. My opinions on things haven't changed. I've ALWAYS said that graphics don't matter more than gameplay. The only difference is the venue from which I state my opinions. If both sides hate me then I must be in the center, right? The most ironic part of me being called an Xbot (this is the second time BTW, the first was in this editorial about Titanfall) is that I have NEVER owned an Xbox system nor do I plan to. It's fucking hilarious.

Fanboys are crazy, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment